Our new UW Board worked hard to revitalize and reenergize University Women in our 51st year by offering an abundance of stimulating lectures and events.
- Dr. Cara Natterson informed us about the physical state of our girls in the 21st century; we were educated about our heart health by Dr. Chrisandra Shufelt of the Barbra Streisand Women’s Cardiac Care Center at Cedars Sinai Hospital.
- We were inspired and enlightened through stimulating discussions from Rabbi Steve Leder, Rabbi Nicole Guzik, Rabbi Laura Geller, Rabbi Sherre Hirsch, Rabbi Naomi Levy, Rabbi Sharon Brous and Rabbi Zoe Klein.
- We were empowered to move forward as women leaders from Nina Lieberman and Dr. Miriam Heller Stern, Deans at AJU.
- Throughout the year, conversations provoked our intellectual curiosity and events like Game Day instilled a sense of community.
- Our Retreat was filled with mind/body/health programs - nutrition, yoga, art, dance and meditation.
- We were proud to present this year’s Woman of Achievement Award to Janice Kamenir-Reznik, co-founder of Jewish World Watch.
We have a multitude of exciting events planned this coming year and will continue to offer many more opportunities for personal growth, enlightenment and empowerment. Thank you to our 2013-14 University Women for your support; I look forward to seeing you again this year. I welcome those who have not attended in the past to join our engaging community of wonderful women.
UW supports the future leaders in our community by raising funds for student scholarships and our libraries and by serving as a cadre of potential volunteers to serve in a variety of capacities. Your UW membership fee is entirely tax-deductible.
Please take a look at the next few pages, and join us!
President, University Women