Featuring renowned rabbis, professors and authors, many affiliated with American Jewish University
Jewish American Princesses: The Real Story
Where did she come from and does she exist today?
We will learn about the stereotypes associated with Jewish women and explore our tradition as it strengthens the voices of our mothers, daughters, and sisters.
Familian Campus, 15600 Mulholland Drive, Bel Air
Thursday, April 10, 2014 • 12:00-1:30P.M.
Rabbi Nicole Guzik is a rabbi at Sinai Temple. Rabbi Guzik works with the Torah in the Round. She is developing programming for religious schools and bnai mitzvah families with children with special needs..
Rabbi Guzik also serves as the Director of the Sinai Temple Israel Center. Rabbi Guzik is proud to lead the David and Angella Nazarian Youth Leadership Program: a fellowship that engages our teen community in Israel advocacy and leadership training.
Rabbi Guzik sits on the UCLA Hillel Board of Directors, Executive Committee of the Pacific Southwest Region of the Rabbinical Assembly, and Executive Committee of the Board of Rabbis. She also blogs for United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism. She is married to Rabbi Erez Sherman. Together, they are the proud parents of daughter, Annie and son, Zachary.
WOMEN’S LUNCH & LEARN: WOMEN’S RETREAT
Sunday, April 27, 2014, 9:30AM-3PM at AJU’s Brandeis Campus
- Be Here Now: Finding Serenity & Meaning In Our Daily Experiences
Featuring keynote speaker, Rabbi Sherre Hirsh
- A day of activities focused on learning, fun, creativity, relaxation and personal growth.
Includes continental breakfast & Lunch
- Sponsor: $150; Member: $85; Non-Member: $100
- Click here for more information
Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 11:00AM-2:00PM @ AJU
- Honoring Janice Kamenir-Reznik, Co-founder and President of Jewish World Watch, and featuring keynote speaker Rabbi Sharon Brous, of IKAR who Newsweek names as #1 Rabbi in its annual list of America's top 50 rabbis for 2013.
All of the above special events are complimentary for UW President’s Society Members.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER FOR ANY OF THESE EVENTS,
Contact: Betty Carmona, 310.440.1283, firstname.lastname@example.org